2009年5月30日土曜日

Class Number 4 World Religions

Monday, May 11, 2009

answer the following questions in your blog:
How do you greet people in your life?
Is it different for different people? How so and why?
Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or Why not?


Almost all of the time, I bow when I greet someone without regarding of higher or lower position of people. However, to classmates, the people of the same age or grade, it seems to give unfriendly impression to bow to them. I do not want to make such a unfriendly mood, so when I see them, I just raise my right or left hand a little bit toward them.
Finally, I keep in mind not to touch people, even close classmates, when we are communicating because touching is a very sensitive matter for Japanese. One touches to show their friendliness, but the other feels uncomfortable. It depends on their personality, situation, etc.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿